- Slide 1
California Bike Laws: San Diego Cyclists' Responsibilities?
Cyclists are treated like vehicle operators under most California bicycle laws. This means you are required to obey lane designations, STOP signs, traffic lights and DUI laws. Read More »
- Slide 2
Need Tips on Your Bicycling Skills?
Part of the fun, fitness and safety in San Diego bicycling is to continually work on developing your bike riding skills. There is no better place to start than by focusing on the basics of developing a solid center for your body. Read More »
The San Diego Cycling Safety Portal
Find San Diego Biking Information and Tips for Safety
What to Expect on the San Diego Cycling Safety Portal
Welcome to the website of the San Diego Cycling Safety Portal. Our primary goal is to educate the cycling public about bicycle safety, cycling education and other information on San Diego biking. We geared the information and resources toward cyclists in all ranges, from beginners to seasoned cyclists. With an average daily temperature of 70.5°, and terrain that encompasses flats to mountains, San Diego is an ideal city for the sport of cycling. Listed below is a summary of many of the topics we will cover:
- Bike Safety
- One of the most important regulations requires minors under the age of 18 to wear a safety helmet. We encourage all bicycle riders to wear helmets. Studies show that you can avoid serious head injuries by wearing a helmet.
- Bicycle Laws
- Under California law, cyclists have most of the same rights and responsibilities as vehicle operators and should know California bicycle laws. Read this article for a summary of some of the primary rules of the road. A solid command of the laws and requirements boost your safety and lessen the chances of your involvement in a San Diego bike accident.
- Bike Riding Skills
- Tips on proper bike riding skills help make your bike riding experiences safe and enjoyable. The article has some great pointers on “positioning” your body so that you can always establish your “center”. These often overlooked basics help when it comes to negotiating difficult situations or avoiding them altogether.
- San Diego Local Biking
- Expect information on local events and common biking destinations. Plan your San Diego biking excursions to unfold as slow, fast and pleasurable as you desire. Cycling is a great way to become experience the culture and scenery of one of America’s most picturesque cities.
- Each person has his or her own reasons for bicycling. Exercise is usually at the top of most people’s list. The sport is easy and relatively inexpensive to get started. Once you learn how to cycle safely, you can enjoy the sport, regardless of your age or physical condition.
- Types of Bikes
- There is a variety of bikes from which to choose. Your selection depends on the style of San Diego biking you will pursue. The primary types of bikes are road, touring, mountain or hybrid.
In addition to all of the above cycling themes, count on information about cycling gear, maintenance, repairs and cycling terminology. Bookmark this page, so that you can return. San Diego Bike Accident Attorney Frederick M. Dudek provides The San Diego Cycling Safety Portal as a courtesy to fellow cycling enthusiasts. If you have been involved in a San Diego bike accident, contact him for a free, no obligation consultation.