With Christmas just around the corner, it’s time to start shopping for gifts, if you haven’t already. For the cyclists in our lives, it can be difficult sometimes to know what to get them, especially if you yourself are not an avid rider. Not to worry – we’re here to help. Assuming that cyclist friend or family member made the nice list, here are some great cycling gifts.
Christmas Gifts for Cyclists
- Reflective Jacket – Cyclists love these jackets because they dramatically increase their visibility to vehicles on the road. Shop around online: they average about $100, but the level of safety and style it affords is absolutely worth it.
- Front light – Cycling laws require bicycles to be equipped with a front light when riding around in the dark, and yet many cyclists still do not own one. Buy a mountable front light for their bicycle so they will be safer and in compliance with the law.
- GoPro Camera – They became a sensation a few years back, and any cyclist who doesn’t have one already is still dying to get one.
- Bar Tape – A good handlebar tape is a great way to customize a bike while adding comfort. Tons of avid cyclists go through bar tape every year and always appreciate a new roll.
- Saddlebag – These handy bags fit perfectly under the seat on a bicycle and offer some much appreciated storage space. They’re great for holding phones, keys, wallets, etc.
- Water Bag – A water bag backpack is particularly popular among cyclists that spend more time riding than the average fair-weather rider.
- Quality Bike Lock – Any cyclist you ask that’s been in the game a while will have a story involving a stolen bike or front wheel. Bikes are a very popular item among thieves, so a decent bike lock will go a long way.