San Diego. Does it get any better? We certainly don’t think so. So what are some of the best things about cycling in San Diego? How about some of the worst? We’ve done a little field research over the years and think we have a decent list for anyone asking about the pros and cons of cycling in San Diego.
What Are the Best Things About Cycling in San Diego?
- I think the obvious place to start is with the weather. California is often touted as having the best weather in the nation, and San Diego is the best in California. It tends to stay pretty warm, but not hot, throughout the year around here.
- One of our favorite things about San Diego is the cycling culture. There is almost always some kind of event going on for cyclists, whether it’s a group ride or a marathon, or a race. There is always something to look forward to and train for when you’re a cyclist in this city.
- San Diego is also well-known as one of the most cyclist-friendly places in the U.S. Many other cities may have a disdain for most riders on the road, but San Diego has a tightknit and widespread network of cyclists that stick together.
- Bicycle safety and laws protecting cyclists are extremely important around here. This is almost certainly attributable to San Diego’s strong cycling culture. San Diego has been leading the charge for bicycle safety and advocacy for years now.
What Are Some of the Worst?
- For you glass-half-empty types, we were hard pressed to find something to be critical of in San Diego, but we admit that navigating around the city could be better. Finding your way through this beach town almost always requires years of experience, and even then it’s easy to get turned around sometime. Planning your routes ahead of time is the best way to make sure you get where you want to go.
San Diego bicycle accident attorney Frederick M. Dudek is an avid cyclist himself and fights hard for the rights of any rider injured in a bike accident. Contact us for a free consultation.